Why use a Wedding Planner?
Just saying the words wedding planner conjures up all kinds of images, mainly of Jennifer Lopez running around with a head set on, or Franc from Father of the Bride defrosting swans!
I know that many think of using a wedding planner as an american trend and do not really know what a wedding planner does or why you would want to use one.
I would like to clear up a few of the myths of wedding planning and share a few facts about the role and trade itself.
- Between 10-15% of UK couples use a wedding planner
- That is between 25-37, 000 couples each year, and this figure is predicted to double over the next 5 years
- It takes an average of 36 days, adding up to 250 hours to plan a wedding
- The average cost of a wedding in the UK is £27, 000
- Nearly 70% of brides state that planning their wedding made them less productive at work
(Figures from Bridebook, UKAWP and Daily Mail)
There are many benefits to using a wedding planner but the main reasons are: